By Mary Baily Wieler
What are the experiences that lead you to wanting to make this donation? TMM- tell me more.
Schervish cited 5 possible approaches to donors:
- Identification with the Museum: Skip selflessness and Altruism and discuss mutual benefits for your donor and your museum.
- Gratitude: Holding biographical conversations can help potential donors to follow their emotional connection to the museum.
- Hyper-Agency: Appeal to a donor's ability to make a substantial gift that single-handedly achieves one of your museum's priorities.
- Build an Experience: Focus the donor on his or her ability to provide a mutually enriching experience for others.
- Satisfaction/Happiness: The draw of these qualities is rich, enduring and potent.