To Enhance the Effectiveness of Museum Trustees
To provide programs and services that support museum trustees in their roles and to provide forums for them to exchange ideas and information on matters of common concern throughout the United States and the Americas.
1. To promote and facilitate dialogue between museum trustees and museum directors.
2. To collect and disseminate information on museum governance that will assist trustees in discharging their responsibilities more effectively.
3. To provide education and training opportunities for museum trustees.
4. To provide conferences and other forums for museum trustees to share information and ideas and to experience other institutions for inspiration and a better understanding of the museum field.
5. To organize and mobilize museum trustees as advocates of all museums.
6. To initiate and conduct research on issues of concern to museum trustees.