From artnet.com. By Henri Neuendorf. From 4/20/18.
In the absence of sufficient domestic funding, Kathe and John Dyson of the Friends of Florence organization bankrolled the comprehensive cleaning and refurbishment that included Jacopo Pontormo’s mannerist altarpiece.
The Capponi Chapel, housed in the church of Santa Felicita, was commissioned by the Barbadori family around 1422 and later purchased by the nobleman and banker Lodovico di Gino Capponi in 1525 to serve as the family mausoleum. A year later, Capponi hired Pontormo to paint the interiors. The artist and his assistant Agnolo Bronzino sequestered themselves in the chapel for two years, barring access for everyone, even their patron, while they worked.